Two illegal gillnets, notorious for their indiscriminate killing of marine life, were found in San Juan de La Costa, part of a vitally important feeding habitat for the endangered whale shark, Rhincodon typus.
Help us to restore & protect Isla Espiritu Santo
- Fisherman seen illegally gillnetting inshore reefs and throwing harpoons at threatened mobula rays at Espiritu Santo
- Illegal gillnets dangerously placed in La Paz whale shark aggregation area
- Why La Paz restaurants are taking the pledge not to offer parrotfish on their menus
- La Paz restaurant, Las Tres Virgines, takes the pledge not to serve parrotfish
- 600 kilograms of illegally caught fish seized by Citizen Sponsored Vigilance unit at Espiritu Santo, La Paz